Wednesday, February 18, 2009

scrapbook trois


This week I have been totally pressed for time, thanks to inordinate amounts of homework and other obligations. Although this may sound vain, I really miss being able to dry my hair, because when I don't, my scalp takes on a mind of its own. Many products claim they can tame the beast, but they generally have the tendency to lie. Over the years, I have found one product that has semi-worked for me, a "curl shaping gel" from garnier. It prevents my hair from frizzing to mass proportions, so I am a big fan. Since I have been unable to dry my hair this week, the gel is my new bff. Yesterday when I went to spray it, I noticed how cool it looks in the bottle. I placed the bottle on my windowsill, next to my lamp, and the different gelatenous areas caught the light in a truly beautiful way. I never thought of my gel as art, occasionally a miracle, but never art. It is so common place and has never been used as any visual art before. People, including myself, over look these objects, because they serve one main purpose, and one purpose only, to tame your tresses. But when you look close enough, you see how amazing it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment