Wednesday, February 25, 2009

scrapbook cinq


One of my scrapbook items for this week is a water bottle that had been lost in my book bag for god only knows how long. I was waiting for my friends in the Daily Grind and decided to clean out my bag, and while I found a lot of interesting things in there, this was by far the most interesting to look at. Since it was at the bottom, it had been smooshed slightly, and the remaining water had clung to the inner walls of the bottle, creating intricate patterns with the droplets. Even though there is water still in the bottle, I would not drink it. I would use the rest for a plant or something, but I have this notion that it is no longer "drinkable". Obviously this bottle is not art, its trash, well, really recycling. It deserves attention though, because of the patterns of the droplets. They in and of themselves are fascinating to look at. One small shift of the bottle, however, removes the previous pattern and creates a whole new element. This can be done repeatedly, each time, never the same. After a while, you even forget what the previous pattern looked like. The ephemeral quality of it is really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment