Wednesday, February 11, 2009

scrapbook deux


These are my favorite pair of flip flops, and thanks to the unseasonably warm temperatures, I was able to dig them out of the depths of my closet and give them some lovin'. Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed just how worn they had become since last summer. I never really think of my flip flops as art, I am not really a "shoe" girl. Yet, these caught my eye because of the intricate details and erosion of my beloved footwear.It was bizzare to think of all the things that I have done wearing them. I attended my graduation party, went to the beach, endured orientation, and started a new life here at St. Mary's. The marks from my feet and the creases are reminders of the many walks I have taken. In a sense each one of those marks or wrinkles concrete representations of my experiences, my memories. My boring, super clearanced JCrew flip flops are better than any journal. Oddly enough they serve as a look back into the past. You never really think about these things, until you take the time to look. Now I'm disappointed that my shoes are falling apart, but it makes me consider the events that my next everday pair will discover and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment