Wednesday, March 11, 2009

scrapbook sept


Once again with the patterns theme, my eye was drawn to a set of washcloths from Target. My mom seems to think that because I am a girl, everything I own should be pink. Not because it is a nice color, but simply because I am a girl. Working a lot this summer, I was unable to get the majority of my own supplies for college. So my mother, being the kind soul she is, picked everything up for me. As you can probably guess, 92.5% of that stuff is pink, including these washcloths. These are probably the most fantastic washcloths I have ever used. I used to get those ones that came in shapes, and after you put them in water would become a washcloth. While they were awesome, the sucked in terms of function. These are super thick, and amazing because they are ribbed. Ribbed texture helps it absorb more, and gives a great visual quality to the washcloth. There are alternating rows of wafflelike material and rows of slightly fringed material. Then on the other side, it is the exact opposite. They caught my eye in particular when I was doing my laundry. The variations of pink combined with the texture, stacked neatly together looked different and original. They may be something I use daily, but really don't recognize the astethic qualities that go along with it. When you think about it though, the astethic qualities really aren't ignored. I may not have consciously noticed it, but obviously my mother must have if she chose this bunch from the rest. It's all a matter of perception I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment