Wednesday, March 11, 2009

scrapbook neuf


This is Boris. Also known as Frankenstein. I found him on my cousin's playground when I went home and babysat a few weekends ago. I picked it up solely because I love old "horror" movies that are really outdated and fantastic. Then it got me thinking, "Who the heck did this belong to?" I love Frankenstein as much as the next girl, but Frankenstein seems a little out of place on a playground. I was terrified of the the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz, so I can not imagine how traumatized I would have been at the sight of Boris. On the other hand, this kid/his or her parent/the whole family is pretty amazing. If they appreciate Frankenstein enough to own a miniature version, that's pretty cool. Looking closer, the doll has some pretty amazing details. For being about the size of my pinkie, the doll looks eerily like Boris. There is a suggestion of hair, folds in the jacket and pants, and creases all over the face. The intricacies are amazing. I think it's only meant to be a novelty item, but I can not help but love it. Most people would have just thrown it away, but I now have him sitting on my windowsill, next to pictures of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment