Tuesday, March 31, 2009

scrapbook seize

This is another object I found at Second Chances. It's an old door knob (bad picture I know, sorry). What was cool about this when I found it was that it was the only non glass door knob in this huge barrell of them. The glistening glass in various colors were magnificent, but this stood out like a sore thumb. Like the club feet, it too is covered in toxic paint, but its not rusted. I don't know why, but I really want to know where it came from. It seems like in my neighborhood we all have the same generic knobs, boring and uniform. They can't even be painted, well they can but then your house looks really tacky. This has several layers of different paint, which you can kind of see in the picture. There was a design involved even in the door knobs, which it totally cool. I'm going to leave this as it is, and attach it to a small piece of wood and use it as a hook for necklaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment