Monday, April 20, 2009

scrapbook vingt


These are my newest pair of headphones. This school year alone, I have had to buy four new pairs. For some unknown reason, the right speaker always blows out and dies. At first I didn't think that it would matter, but after a while, hearing only through one hear tends to give you a headache. A really bad headache. I can not pinpoint exactly why they fail me, but every month and a half, they stop. Last year I didn't really think about my headphones, or how vital they were to my existance. This year, however, has been rather traumatizing. I am hoping this pair lasts me. I never thought about how techinical headphones were before. Each of my other pairs looked totally fine, yet the right ear did not function in any way shape or form. They are not art because, since I am poor, I buy the cheap, unaesthetically pleasing sony ones. Maybe they die because they are cheap? Anyway, I think they deserve attention because of how often they are used and the detail put into them (or possibly my case since they are cheap the lack thereof?). They have the ability to provide enormous amounts of entertainment without disturbing anyone else around you. That's pretty nifty. Imagine how loud the world would be without them. They are so tiny too! It's incredible such a loud sound can come from them. Since they are tiny, it's also difficult to find the problem. In mine for example, maybe a wire snapped, or I turned it up too loud. I guess I'll never figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment