Monday, April 20, 2009

scrapbook dix-huit

This is a guitar pick I found when I was vactioning in North Carolina. I picked it up, because I had planned on making it into an earring for my high school spirit day. Our color was yellow, and the more creative you were, the more likely you would be on powder puff court (the uber-strict allgirlcatholicschool equivalent of homecoming court aka fun). I attempted all four years, and failed miserably, probably because I never wore this in my ear haha. It usually sits in my shadow box on the wall. Now I look at it and it means so much more. It serves as a reminder from that vacation but it makes me think of who it belonged to. My family is very consistent. Each year we go to the same beach, stay the same week, and at the same house. I wonder if the person that left this has a similar schedule. If he/she is there the week before me. Or if it came from months before. What kind of music did it "create". I'm hoping anything but country...

No comments:

Post a Comment