Thursday, April 23, 2009

film reflection

I really enjoyed the film, La Jettee (I know there is supposed to be an accent somewhere in there). Not only was the story itself kind of interesting, but the concept of that one important image that would last with you for all time rang true with me. There are images, not ones that were photographed or documented in any other place but my mind, that have been with me for years. Some in particular though I see a lot. The image of my mother and father crying as they explained to my brother and I what happened on September 11th is one that will forever haunt me. As a child, I think you just naturally expect your parents to be strong and defend you. I finally saw how vunerable they were, and it shattered my world to an extent. It made everything after that seem slightly more terrifying, because I knew that my parents had the same feelings I did, but constantly had to hide them. I think I am going to use this idea in my narrative project. The single image forever scarred into a man's memory....

No comments:

Post a Comment