Monday, April 27, 2009

scrapbook vingt-deux


I found these wicker ball lights on a clearance aisle in target during winter break, and hung them up immediately when I returned for the spring semester. I think my roommate and I have had them lit maybe four times (?) this semester. Yea, we fail epically. Yesterday we were having a bonding evening, watching a great classic, Aladdin, and a soon-to-be classic (not really haha) Harper's Island. Disney makes me immensely happy, so I was really hyper and was all over the place. I randomly decided we should have the wicker lights on. For the first time I noticed the effect they had on the room. My attention was drawn the shadows. I don't know why, but it made me feel like I was in a forest. Shadows are such amazing things. They can be beautiful, like this, or they can represent something terrifying, like shadows in the woods on a moonlit night, you can't identify what they are from. Yet, in order to have a shadow, you need light coming from somewhere, and light is a symbol for hope and security. It's interesting to think how something so scary can come from light. I am going to make sure to use these lights more next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment